Why do management training?
A framework for a few years in your company, you covet the title of manager? Already in post with the title of manager, do you want to improve your skills? A training in management makes it possible to acquire the missing keys to claim this function and/or to make you a good manager.
The position of manager implies, in addition to this technical knowledge, to possess other types of skills, which can be acquired through training. The latter is also used to show your superiors that you have certifications to excel in this function. It is a guarantee of motivation to achieve this professional objective and of interest for management.
The many management training courses available on the market can teach you to:
- leading or better leading a team (training in team management). The pressure of results exerted on managers is generally quite strong. To help and support them to better understand the new challenges of companies, or even to better manage new types of employees (such as millennials, or generation Z, for example), training courses exist;
- manage a project (training in project management);
- to delegate ;
- gain leadership. Asserting oneself, exercising one’s authority, influencing, gaining support, managing conflict situations… To obtain the support of a team and ensure the management of the activity, leadership is one of the essential assets in the panoply of the future. manager;
- strengthen relational skills;
- develop emotional intelligence. Some training courses offer to develop emotional intelligence to take into account both their emotions and those of others when making decisions. Objective: to optimize business relations and gain in professional efficiency;
- implement different management techniques (such as the hot chair technique, or …). The objective is to know how to create dynamics of cooperation to release the surplus energy, talents and skills within its teams;
- better understand and confront conflicting work situations.
Good to know : if you are propelled manager and you do not really have experience in the function, other training will allow you to work on the first days of taking up the position.
What training to take to become a manager?
How to train in management? Executive already in post, student or recent graduate, several ways exist to acquire the keys of management.
Continuing management training
Continuous training, online, remotely or face-to-face, allows an employee, during or outside of his or her working hours, to acquire and/or strengthen skills in order to contribute to their employability, internally or externally.
To facilitate the management of employees’ schedules, training programs come in several formats: conferences, courses, short training, long training, face-to-face or distance training.
You can perfectly use your CPF to finance management training. Don’t hesitate to talk to your human resources department or your line manager to let him or her know what you want.
Here are some organizations that offer management training:
- Sciences Po Executive Education courses;
- CSP docendi;
Initial management training
The initial training allows to follow a school course leading to a diploma necessary for the exercise of a profession. Some courses provide students with the basics of the job of manager. They are for example offered by:
- The Grande Ecole program of a Business School (Edhec Business School Lille, Rennes School of Business, Kedge Business School, HEC, Essec, etc.).
- A post-baccalaureate + 5 labeled Specialized Masters type. For example: the Specialized Masters in management and international skills, Audencia Business School Atlantic Campus (Nantes), the Specialized Masters in management of living and agri-food companies – EM Lyon Business School or the Specialized Masters in Business Performance Management, ESCP Europe.
- A title of establishment. For example, the Master of Science in Management Studies, Edhec Business School Lille.
The Management MBA
Are you a working executive and want to deepen your training in the areas of management, economics, human resources, finance and languages in order to access the highest positions in their company? The MBA (Master of Business Administration) allows executives already engaged in professional life to complete their training in the areas mentioned above.
The training is aimed at employees who wish to boost their professional career.
Most MBAs are taught in specialized schools such as:
- Business schools;
- Management schools;
- Management schools.
MBAs offer formulas compatible with a professional activity in parallel. You can choose to have a schedule arranged to follow the courses given and continue to work, or spend the day at work and take evening classes. We are talking about part-time MBA.
Many MBAs are eligible for the CPF.
Your experience as a manager can be converted into a diploma, thanks to the validation of your current skills by taking a master’s degree in VAE. The VAE (Validation des Acquis de l’Expérience) makes it possible to enhance professional experience in order to obtain a certification which will allow the person concerned to develop professionally, or to make their qualification consistent with their level of responsibility in the company. .
Concretely, after submitting your file, a jury will determine what you have to learn to reach the master’s level. You will then follow the courses that you did not acquire during your career.
In management, you can find VAE training in universities but also in management and business schools.
The VAE is eligible for the CPF.