What are your strengths? How would you define yourself in the workplace? These questions serve the interviewers to draw your professional profile in a first contact. There is one of them that is especially delicate: “What do you expect of this job?” Basically any recruiter tries with this question to identify the professional expectations you have in relation to the vacancy who is bidding and recognize the type of worker you are. In this way you will know if you are the perfect candidate for the position and if you are compatible with the requirements set out. Read on and review the tips to answer this question in the job interview successfully.
How to respond when asked in the interview What to expect from this job?
Among the questions in a job interview, “what to expect from this job?” is one of the most repeated by recruiters. Companies want to recruit workers who are clear about what they are looking for, so you can find this question formulated in several ways:
- What do you expect of this job
- What do you hope to achieve here?
- What do you expect from this job?
- What do you expect from this position?
- What expectations do you have of this job?
It is just as important that you know how to detect this question in a job interview as that you learn to answer it correctly. This question can be difficult to answer if you have not thoroughly researched the company and the position you are interested in filling. Once you have controlled these two questions, depending on what you are looking for, focus your answer and apply these tips:
Find the Exact words to explain any of the following: career aspirations, the work environment they offer, and what you can bring to the role.
Highlight the difference between the rest of the candidates, do not fall into topics, refer to your training and experience.
Will you be able to assume the functions and responsibilities of the position? Do the requirements fit your professional profile? Then make it clear in the job interview.
For respond correctly to the expectations you have about the jobremember the aspects valued by the organization, relate your strengths and skills, show that you know the profession and the vacancy for which you have applied.
Highlight the enthusiasm you have for being part of their staff.
Below we have compiled some examples to give an indicated answer to your interviewerpay special attention:
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you search new projects to work on: “X is one of the best companies in the international sector. As a professional in communication and specialized in digital media, I would like to take on new challenges and projects to test myself, reinvent myself and be able to leave my comfort zone.”
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you search not feel stagnant and open yourself to new challenges: “I am looking for a new job to take on new challenges, paradigms and not always do the same thing, I would like to be able to take on more responsibilities and experience other procedures that I have not yet worked with.”
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you search learn from new peers: “I attach great importance to continuous training as well as surrounding myself with different professional profiles with which to work as a team and learn. This company is the ideal place and the perfect opportunity to continue developing my skills and grow professionally.”
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you search take on a higher professional role: “After years of specialization, I am ready to take another step in my professional career and I want to advance, I would like to assume a position with more responsibilities and manage all the basic issues of this position from above.”
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you seek to find new business values With whom to identify: “I hope from this job to connect 100% with the values and mission of the company, to feel more comfortable and identify with it.”
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you search new creative challenges: “I’m looking for a job where I let my imagination run wild, don’t put limits on creativity, work with new forms and methodologies and innovate to meet the needs of clients by creating different and original campaigns.”
- Sample response to “What do you expect from this position?” when you look for one Salary increase: “Taking into account the situation in the sector, after years of hard work, acquiring new skills and competencies, I think the time has come to take a leap in my profession, move up a level and a category, since it can contribute much more” .
- Did it help you?
- If not