Do you know what a Python Programmer is? What does your work consist of? What do you have to study to be a Python Programmer? How much can be earned? If you are interested in learning more about this profession, below you will find a complete guide with all the details to work as a Python Programmer.
The programming It is what moves the world in the times in which we live, including, of course, the world of work, offering great job opportunities in different countries and in all kinds of companies. However, if there is one programming language that we should look closely at, it would be, without a doubt, python.
Not only that, in addition to its growth and popularity, the professions that you can access if you master Python, offer great economic benefits and opportunities to develop remotely from home or from anywhere in the world, in case you want to have a style of life as a digital nomad or working for large companies abroad.
What is a Python Programmer?
It is an expert in program or develop activities in Pythona programming language with variable purposes (since it is multi-paradigm), capable of being applied to prototyping, numerical sciences, data learning, machine learning, web, scripting for extensible software, etc…
A Python programmer is generally trained to make any type of program, from Windows applications to network servers or even web pages.
Skills needed to work as a Python Programmer
There are a series of soft skills and more technical aspects that a programmer specialized in Python must meet to guarantee optimal job performance.
Remember that these always depend heavily on the area of focus chosen; however, below, we will review the personal and technical skills most in demand by companies.
- Analytical and decisive thinking: As a Python programmer, your routine will consist of solving all the problems that have to be faced in order to finally fulfill the objective of automating processes and making the work more effective in each of its senses.
- Teamwork: Group work is an essential part of the programmer’s day-to-day life, since it is most likely that you will not be alone, but rather you will find yourself obliged to collaborate with programmers specialized in other areas and complement your functions and work with the one you work with. do these.
- Self-taught and self-sufficient vocation: Python, along with other programming languages, is constantly evolving, as are the environments and sectors in which it can be applied.
- Use of frameworks such as Django, Flask and Pylons: If you are interested in targeting the web development sector with Python, frameworks such as Django, Flask and Pylons should be on your list of skills, so that you can rely on a faster, cleaner and more pragmatic development pattern.
- Use of object-oriented programming: Python is an object-oriented language, that means that it orders the code in a more effective way in data collection and control structures, allowing the programmer to solve problems by creating new classes that model the data necessary to solve them. An essential basic to handle Python is to know object-oriented programming.
- Use of databases: A Python programmer knows in detail what relational databases are and what it means to work with them in their manipulation to be able to do it from Python, using a library according to the appropriate specifications and increase their ability to build systems that guarantee the data persistence in the databases created.
Professional areas of a Python Programmer
Once you learn Python or even before you start your training, it’s important to decide where you want to go with this programming language. We anticipate that the options are not limited to just one path. Below we will review the four main areas where you can put your Python knowledge into practice.
The exponential growth gained in the demand for Python Programmers is mostly due to the rise of the data science or Data Sciencewhich takes advantage of the use of this language to manipulate massive data series on which high-value information is then extracted and classified, creating scripts to automate processes and prepare a complete dashboard with the information acquired.
Deep Learning and Machine Learning
The two technologies refer to systems capable of learning “on their own” through artificial intelligence, requiring Python to perform tasks related to classifications, regression, clustering, preprocessing or generation of algorithmic models.
When it comes to the unification and integration of all the processes associated with software development and operations with the practical DevOps methodology, Python is also present to cover the needs, since it allows the creation of the relevant scripts for the automation and orchestration of processes. .
Although web development in Python is not always the first choice, being a multipurpose language, it also has a reserved seat in this field of programming, in case you are interested in targeting the area of building sites and web applications from Python, just like the best programmers of social networks like Instagram and Pinterest do.
Training to become a Python Programmer
If you have decided to take the step of train you as a python programmeryou should know that there are a large number of courses, both free and low cost, that will allow you to boost your academic and professional growth from the comfort of your computer.
Also, if at any point in your training process you need support, Python has one of the developer communities (and apprentice developers) more actively and voluntarily to encourage discussions around the uses of this language and share relevant information that will help improve your skills as a programmer.
Below you will find courses to learn Python:
Employment modalities of the Python Programmer
As we mentioned at the beginning, the employment modalities as a Python Programmer are varied and adjustable to all preferences. Below we will review the main ways in which you can develop your profession under this profile, so that you can choose which one you feel most comfortable with:
It refers to the classical model of the relationship employee-companywhere you serve under a contractual agreement, in this case, to technology companies or from different sectors, particularly within their IT departments, usually in person, although right now some are willing to offer the possibility of working as a benefit in remote.
Freelance and autonomous mode
Under this modality, you will have the opportunity to become an independent programmer, offering your professional services to carry out specific tasks or projects requested by various companies or clients.
It is the work model that best suits you if you are interested in working with greater flexibility and freedom to work from home or from anywhere in the world, as a good digital nomad would do.
Nowadays, thanks to the internet, you can access many websites that offer online jobs for the Python Programmer profile. Here is a list of web portals for freelance.
The universe of programming and entrepreneurship go hand in hand and mastering Python, along with another set of languages and code skills, is a very promising starting point to develop your own technological projects and earn money from it.
Salary of a Python Programmer
As always, one of the points that sparks the most interest when we talk about innovative professional profiles is the salary status of these professionals; however, in the case of a Python programmer or developer, the real answer is: it depends.
The salary figure that you can obtain is totally related to your complementary skills and competencies in handling Python, the area in which you decide to carry out your activity, degree of training, level of experience (Junior, Mid or Senior), type and size of company who performs the hiring, conditions, additional benefits, etc…
However, if you are looking for an estimate of the annual salary usually received by a specialized Python programmer, at least in Spainthe mean is positioned between 20,000 and 38,000 euros per year, by occupying profiles in technology companies, although in some cases, also from other fields such as research or education.
Now that it is clear what the basics to work as a Python programmeryou have everything in your hands to embark on your path through one of the professional profiles in the world of programming that have become more popular in recent years and that, without a doubt, has the green light in all forecasts to continue advancing.